Music Typesetting Services
I provide typesetting services for publishers and other composers. My hourly rate is $40, but I can also provide a quote for large works. My rates include the following:
- Delivery of PDF files of the score and parts
- Delivery of the Sibelius file of score (and parts)
- Optional: Printed copy of score and/or parts
- Optional: MP3 or WAV computer rendition (a.k.a. digital demo) of score
Please note that I deliver the score files to you, the client. I do not hold you hostage by keeping these files to myself (beware of copyists that do). I trust that if you like my work, you will come back to me. This also provides you with insurance that if I should be unavailable to make changes, you can have another copyist modify the Sibelius file, rather than having to pay again to start from scratch.
Clients include: Hovhaness, CF Peters, Peter F. Wolf.
Concert Recording Editing Services
I also specialize in editing recordings of live performances. Live performance recordings often suffer from the following problems:
- Broadband noise – Often from ventilation systems at the venue, or from sub-par microphones
- Street noise – Many great venues are churches, which are often near major roads. Sirens, truck rumbles, etc., can often be distracting
- Audience noise – Coughs, rustling paper, dropped programs—the list goes on!
- Performer noises – Page turns, squeaky floors, dropped bows, accidental taps on music stands, etc.
I have much experience in minimizing such noises in recordings. My primary tools are iZotope RX3 and FabFilter plug-ins, as well as good ears, a proper monitoring chain, and lots of experience. Contact me if you are need of such services.